Jean Delville, Parsifal
Introducing Shomili (Mili for short), the 65th greater one-horned rhino born here. Help us welcome her to the world.
a half mock up of a degree show poster for our group project.
I found this and i thought we could base our infographics idea (facts about uni) on it. Ive been thinking about things the average ada student would do or use in the creative process and thinking, similar to how we were thinking before ( e.g 30,000 songs listened to) and getting little symbols for them and we could arrange them in a mind map kind of way (less floral and more stuctures but still quite loose lines to represent the building) like this and encorperate the ‘ADA JLMU degree show 2013’ in the lines or maybe just ‘degree show’ into the lines of the mind map. We could maybe say that all these things that are in the mind map/pattern make up and aided the work that makes the degree show (and so the word degree show is made out of the lines) deep.
Then the pattern this make we could use on the outside windows, and the type out of the mind map can be used to label the graphics show and the popular music show instead of a symbol.
And seen as the design would have lines going all around it we could use the lines as internal signage like we wanted to, that people can follow and be directed round the building.
im going to try and make a mock up anyway now… we’ll see how that goes.
by Kirsty Wilson.
Lovely drawing that I found while reaseaching past LJMU degree shows.
My Deer Love,
by Angelo Cerantola
A bit about him;
- He had studio called Intro.
- Started in 89’
- The studio he was working at was a leading UK music industry graphic design company.
- They worked on Identity jobs for labels.
- Later he moved away from being an ‘everyday designer’ and left his job.
- He now works at ‘Resident radio’ (an art radio station) as well as working independently and with his new business partner Tony Brook.
- Tony Brook and Adrian Shaughnessy set up their own publishing company, ‘Unit Editions’ so they were more free to create work they wanted and found no reason they couldn’t do everything themselves today because most books etc are advertised and sold on the web so there is no need to rely on book shops or publishers etc to get there work out there.
Adrian then spoke a bit about the work he had been involved in;
- Their first publication ‘Studio Culture’ (How to set up a perfect studio)
-‘TD8369’ (A book bout Dutch design)
- ‘Super Graphics’ (A 60’s graphics movement, painting onto architecture/multiple surfaces.)
-‘Lubalin’ (About Herb Lubalin Type and Graphic Designer.)
10 Things good graphic designers do;
10. Good designers are selfish bastards.
9. Verbal skills to match Visual skills.
8. Good designers stand up for what they believe in.
7. Good designers always think ‘What if?’.
6. Good designers are collaborators.
5. Good designers are ethical.
4. Good designers are copyists. (and modifiers)
3. Good designers know that the non-designing part of being a designer is as important as the designing.
2. Good designers are aesthetes first and foremost.
1. Good designers are outsiders.
The final revision of Ann im going to do! im leaving it alone!